Before you apply for a space in our Artist Alley, here is some information you need to know:
- We have 36 seats in Artist Alley.
- We will not be hosting a separate area for crafters.
- AFO will use a juried selection process it insure that we can have a varied representation of skill levels & styles.
- Precedence will be based on the following statement: Artist Alley is a location primarily for the artist who is showcasing their illustration skills via manga or freehand drawing or computer aided illustration and coloring.
ARTIST ALLEY RULES:
All artists at AFO must adhere to the following:
- All Artist Alley spaces must follow the display guidelines listed below.
- NO electricity will be available for use in Artist Alley. Any wall plugs located near artist alley, or in the convention hallways, are NOT for artist/attendee use.
- NO MUSIC may be played by any artist. Not everyone has the same tastes and out of respect for your fellow artists we ask that you adhere to this rule.
- In the interest of general public safety (and by order of the Orlando Fire Marshall) the use of irons, t-shirt presses, or heating devices is NOT permitted.
- Your display should feature your own original artwork that is inspired by anime or Japanese culture. It is preferable that the items you display not be copyrighted by any other person, company or entity. All claims of copyright infringement will be the sole responsibility of the artist to resolve. Anime Festival Orlando will not be responsible, nor be party to any legal proceedings. By applying to Artist Alley you hold harmless AFO its staff and/or affiliates should any claims or conflicts arise.
- Collection of sales tax and appropriate declaration to the state of Florida is the responsibility of the artist.
- One person per space, one chair per space, one person per chair!
ARTIST ALLEY DISPLAY GUIDELINES:
AFO has chosen the following definitions for Art. Though this can be subjective, for the purpose of AFO this will be our stance:
The following items are acceptable for sale in Artist Alley – traditional artwork such as drawing, sketching, painting, digital art, or other fine art, including self published hand-bound books, or hand drawn manga/doujinshi.
In addition to the primary displayed art, you may display bookmarks, keychains or buttons as long as they do not take up more than 20% of your display area. Displays may not exceed 52 inches tall, this include racks, spinners, signage, etc…
All adult material must be discreetly displayed with appropriate coverings. Artists are responsible for checking IDs as necessary. AFO reserves the right to ask artists to remove inappropriate items from display.
While AFO understands and respects the fact that crafters, those who make “things” such as jewlery, dolls, accessories, etc… are talented artisans. These items do not fit within the original concept of an Artist Alley as it was introduced to the convention circuit.
While AFO made an attempt to work with crafters previously by providing a separate and unique area to display and sell their wares, we were met with a fair amount of negative feedback. Because we cannot physically change the structure of the space, determine a better location with a better traffic flow of attendees, or provide overnight security for items left in hallway areas, we have opted to not offer the crafter’s run this year.
If you have items you wish to sell, please email AFOrobin@gmail.com and request information on a space in the dealers room.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
When artist alley registration opens a form will be provided on this page.
Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page completely (incomplete forms will be rejected). Submissions will go through a juried review process to make sure that the artist understands and abides by the rules and guidelines provided above. Once reviewed, the accepted artists will receive an invoice from Anime Festival Orlando for their spot.
Artist alley spots will be assigned on a first-come, first serve basis determined by acceptance of payment. Once all of the seats are filled, all outstanding invoices will be canceled and artist alley registration will be closed.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST AND WHAT DOES REGISTRATION PROVIDE?
Registration fee of $85.00 includes: One (1) 3-Day badge at the Pre-Registration price of $40.00 and one (1) space (½ of a banquet table for your display area) in Artist Alley. You will also receive free entry into the AFO Art Gallery and Silent Auction, as well as be listed on the website and in the con guide.
Once notified that you have been selected for Artist Alley you will receive a PayPal invoice and will have 36 hours to submit your payment.
All tables must be paid for by the due date indicated on the invoice. NO EXCEPTIONS. If we do not receive your payment in full by the indicated date, AFO reserves the right to reclaim the space and offer it to an alternate artist.
We understand that sometimes things come up. Please be sure you can attend. There will be NO refunds, transfers or credits on your space.
SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
- We encourage all artists to display some of their work in the Art Gallery – this is an opportunity to direct fans of your work to your table in Artist Alley.
- Those artists who do not have a spot in Artist Alley may also showcase their art in the Art Gallery and direct fans to your website or deviantART page. (there is no fee)
- Artists may list sale prices on items which are on display in the Art Gallery; however AFO will not accept payment or release any artwork.
This, like life, is subject to change with or without notice.