Sign-ups for the contest will at the cosplay contest table. Times will be:
Friday from 11 am to 7 pm
Saturday from 10 am to 11:30 am.
Cosplay is an important aspect of the anime community, even more so now that it has become more mainstream and, therefore, more popular. The more popular it becomes, the more competitive, and in many cases, the more impressive.
We at Anime Festival Orlando are planning to make this year’s cosplay contest bigger and better than ever. The Happy Happy Cosplay Go Go Go Cosplay Contest has always been a staple of our convention, and we want to give back to those who participate in making it such a great event.
We are bringing in some of the most talented cosplayers around to help us judge the costumes and skits. We will be showcasing their talents on our website before the convention so the cosplay contestants will know exactly who is judging their work. We are very excited to be upping the ante, and that’s not even the biggest announcement this year!
Happy Happy Cosplay Go Go Go Cosplay Contest Rules
If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- All contestants must be respectful of everyone
- Bring at least 1 (one) photo of your character (Printed or electronic is fine, as long as the judges can view it easily)
- In progress, photos are recommended but not required
- Characters must be from an anime/manga, video game (Japanese origin), or Japanese culture-inspired
- All costumes must be at least 75% made or altered by the contestants themselves (or by one of the members of a group)
- No costume being entered can have won a major award at a previous convention. You may not enter a costume if it has won a major award at a recognized event.
- Entry will be allowed on a first come first serve basis
- Costumes should be self-contained and self-sufficient (connections to electrical outlets will be unavailable)
- You must secure your own escort if your costume is bulky and/or requires assistance for moving around in or seeing
- There will be a mandatory costume contest meet up/walkthrough at 12 pm noon Saturday.
- Not showing up may result in you not being allowed to compete
- All awards presented will be at the judges’ discretion
- All costumes must be safe and family friendly (pg-13)
- Judging will be done by appointment. You will receive your judging time at the information panel Saturday at noon in Main Events at AFO.
All Skits are limited to a three (3) minute time limit.
- Youth (13-year-olds and under)
- Novice (0-2 awards)
- Intermediate (3 awards)
- Master/Advanced (4+ awards)
(Refers to major awards, for example: no judge’s choice awards)
- Best in Show
- Best Master/Advanced
- Best Journeyman/Intermediate
- Best Novice
- Best Youth
- Judge Awards x3
- Best Craftsmanship
- Best Skit