About the role of Volunteer
Thank you for volunteering your time and efforts to AFO. We rely heavily on the efforts of our volunteers. With your help, our convention continues to grow each year! In an effort to make sure everyone is informed about volunteer responsibilities and the policies that we ask you to follow, please review the information below.
By attending Anime Festival Orlando (hereafter known as AFO) or any part of AFO, you agree to allow AFO, its agents, licensees or assignees, the right to use your image and/or likeness by media now known or hereafter devised for advertising and/or other promotional purposes. You also agree not to take pictures or videos where posted or announced as prohibited and agree that any permitted photos or videos will not be used for any commercial purposes and will not be made publicly available or generally displayed without prior written consent of AFO.
By registering as a volunteer for AFO you will receive (1) complimentary badge which you agree not to sell, trade, transfer or share. In the event that AFO determines that you have violated this policy, AFO has the right to cancel your badge(s). Badges that have been sold or provided by anyone other than AFO will not be honored by AFO. You must wear and display your badge at all times while onsite and at any official AFO event whether on volunteer duty or not. All badges remain property of AFO and must be relinquished upon request.
Volunteer Terms and Conditions and Release
Volunteers are expected to:
- Work a minimum of 13 hours in exchange for waived convention registration fee. This is broken down into a selection of 3 day shifts and 1 night shift over the course of the weekend. These shifts are based on the availability provided and are subject to change according to business needs. Volunteers may choose to work more than the mandatory 13 hours.
- Attend a mandatory orientation session, unless you have been specifically directed otherwise. Here you will receive your schedule, badge, and t-shirt. Orientation dates and times will be posted to our Facebook group prior to the convention. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of AFO. As a volunteer, you are a representative of AFO. As such, any and all information that you may become aware of is confidential. It may not be discussed, emailed, posted, or disseminated in any way.
- Be polite! Absolutely NO rudeness will be tolerated. We expect our volunteers to treat everyone with respect, dignity, and courtesy. There’s a zero tolerance policy when it comes to inappropriate behavior and/or attitude. If a situation occurs, do not threaten action or confront verbally. When in doubt contact the volunteer coordinator.
- Dress appropriately and maintain proper hygiene at all times. You will be provided (1) licensed t-shirt to wear while on duty. No cosplay or inappropriate clothing (while on duty) will be tolerated and could result in dismissal.
- Perform other duties as assigned when appropriate.
By submitting this application, I acknowledge that I have received and read the terms and conditions as written therein and agree to uphold these regulations to the best of my ability.